Waste not, want not was my mother's motto. So is mine.
The left over meat from the roast chicken can be turned in to a delicious pot pie the next day.
1. Cooked Chicken(diced) :1 cup
2. Onion (diced) :1
3. Carrot (Diced) :1
4.Peas :1/2 cup
5.Chicken stock :2 cups
6.Thyme :1/2 t spn
7.Flour :1tbl spn
8.Oil :2tbl spn
9.Puff pastry :enough to cover the soup bowl.
1. Pre heat oven to 400° F
2. Heat oil
3.Saute the onion, when it is lightly browned, add diced carrots and peas. stir fry for a few mints and add 1 tbl spn of flour and keep stirring. After 3 minutes add the thyme and the chicken stock. When the stock boils, add the cooked chicken pieces and stir. When the soup is thick, pour in to individual oven proof soup bowl.
4. Roll the pastry in to 1/2 inch thick, cut to fit the top of the soup bowl, making sure that there is enough pastry to overlap the edge of the bowl. Wet the bowl edge before placing the pastry and press the pastry down, so it will stick to the bowl. Make a slit on top of the pastry to let the steam out.
5.Bake for about 20 minutes( till the pastry is golden brown)
6. Serve hot.
7. Serves 4.
Note: Of you don't have readymade puff pastry, you can make a simple pastry.
Vegetable oil pastry
1. flour :2 1/2 cup
2.Salt :1 tsp
3.Oil :1/4 cup
4.water : 1/4 cup
1. mix flour and salt, make a well in the center
2. Add the water and oil in to the center. Knead. Mixture will be sticky.
3. Place the dough between two parchment paper and roll.